The Ocala Chapter has accomplished amazing things this year and were truly PRoactive Professionals. Our chapter was so proactive, that we were awarded with the Smart. Engaged. Fun. president’s award at the 2019 President’s Luncheon at Annual Conference. Here is snapshot of everything the Ocala Chapter did this year.
- Participated in five community service events-exceeding our goal of two community service projects for the year
- Focused on leadership development and teamwork by changing the board retreat to include a ROPES course
- Held a new member orientation as well as a variety of member mixers, including a “Leadership Over Lattes” event
- Budgeted scholarships for both LeadershipFPRA and Annual Conference
- Participated in community events and initiatives that were new for the chapter including the College of Central Florida’s College and Career Expo and the United Way of Marion County’s Lip Sync event
- Held four ACES (Advanced Career Enhancement Sessions) events
- Restructured our annual professional development event to the PR Regional Summit
I would like to thank every single person or helped move our chapter forward. This has been a year of transition but also a year of growth and I am very proud of everything we have accomplished, together.
My promise to you at the beginning of the chapter year was this, “I will follow through on what I say I will, I will proactively search for new opportunities to bring to you, our chapter members, I will not be afraid to ask for assistance from our highly accomplished group of past presidents, and I will serve you in any way I can.” I hope I have been deliver on this promise and am always open to conversations about how we can work together to improve our chapter and our profession. I also encourage you to remember it is very possible to be intelligent, professional, inspiring, and hard-working while having some fun. The Ocala Chapter has the award to prove it.