Professional Development Seminar
FPRA Ocala Chapter and
the Association of Florida Colleges
Communications and Marketing Commission present
Join us for this annual professional development virtual seminar the weeks of May 17 and 24, as we feature a variety of speakers who will discuss ways to recharge your projects, connect with your audience, and transform your organization.
As communications continues to evolve in this changing world, it’s important that you know how to share your message to a variety of audiences. Join your fellow marketing and public relations professionals and hear from presenters who will address social media accessibility; diversity and inclusion: the evolution of the language we use; identifying creative ways to communicate your story; what to look for when pitching your story to the media; all while multi-tasking to find the finish line.
- Tuesday, May 18, at 1 p.m., Social Media Accessibility, Alexa Heinrich, St. Petersburg College.
- Wednesday, May 19, at 10 a.m., Mirage of Multi-Tasking: finding Your Focus, Flow and Finish Line. Scott Blades, Rise-Up Solutions
- Thursday, May 20, at 10 a.m. Multigenerational Communications, Dr. Michele Heston and Erik Christensen, South Florida State College
- Tuesday, May 25, at 10 a.m. State-wide media panel discussing what to look for when pitching your story to the media.
- Wednesday, May 26, at 11 a.m, Fueling Communications and Creativity: Framing Your Visual Story on a Full Tank, Angela Eveillard, APR and Stephanie Rivera, Hillsborough Community College
- Thursday, May 27, at 10 a.m., Diversity and Inclusion Panel: The Evolution of our Language. Speakers from Equality Florida, University of Florida and Florida SouthWestern State College.
AFC members are invited to join us for our AFC Communications and Marketing Commission Business Meeting at noon following the closing presentation.
Early bird rate is $40 for FPRA/AFC members and $50 for nonmembers through March 31. After that registration is $50 for FPRA/AFC members and $60 for nonmembers through May 14. Session links will be sent out in advance of the seminar to participants.