Holiday Networking Party - Dec 10
The FPRA Ocala Chapter Holiday Social has been scheduled for Wednesday, December 10, 5:30-7:00 p.m. at The Courtyard on Broadway wine and tapas bar. Your first beverage of choice is on the house! This social will take place of our monthly meeting in December. The cost will be at your expense and members/guests may order whatever they like. (If you are an annual prepay, FPRA will pay your bill up to $18.)
We will play a Secret Santa game so please bring a gift valued at $10 or less. Members are also encouraged to bring non-perishable foods and/or winter jackets for our chapter community service effort. As with most things in life, and your FPRA membership, you get out what you put in. So, I hope to see all of you at the chapter social for networking and holiday fun.
Bring Home the Harvest - Dec 12
PResident's Perspective - December
Dashing through the snow, thinking of FPRA. Over the fields we go, you need to renew today! Membership expires, on the 31st. So, go online and do it now, losing you would be the worst! Oh…Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells… I hope this holiday rhyme plays in your head until every member is renewed.
Speaking of membership benefits, I want to take a moment to remind you what FPRA does for you at the state level. At the most recent state board meeting, leaders from each chapter met with the state executive committee to discuss planning, progress, best practices, and chapter needs. Here is a recap:
- The Counselor’s Network offers many great benefits to our CPRCs. If you are a potential CPRC – that is, if you plan to sit for the CPRC this year – you are invited to attend the CN Winter Symposium with all the CPRC members statewide.
- State VP of Planning and Research, Amanda Wood, APR, has a committee working on a “State of the Profession” study. She plans to publish a report including salary industry standards in PR, and other great info in 2015.
- There is a fantastic webinar series going on right now. You can find the schedule and sign up on the state website, fpra.org. Many past webinars are offered to members at a discounted rate. Some of them are even free.
- Golden Image theme was revealed… “Evening with the Stars.” VP of Golden Image, Terri Behling, APR, CPRC, promises a very red carpet, Oscars-style event. Golden Image will be electronic again and the state is offering a free tool to chapters so the local level Image Awards process can also be electronic.
- FPRA State Conference theme is “PR Now: Stronger. Smarter. Faster.” The original dates for conference have changed to August 9-12. Please mark your calendars for this amazing profession development experience.
- FPRA is now on Instagram! Check us out to view fun pictures from the state board meeting. As we include FPRA in our social media efforts, VP of Communications, Maria Coppola, APR, CPRC, encourages us to continue to use #thinkFPRA in our posts. The state “E-Facts” newsletter has been renamed “FPRA News.”
In addition to myself (chapter president), and president-elect, Barbra Hernandez, APR, serving on the state board, there are three members of the Ocala Chapter on the state executive committee: Carole Savage, APR, CPRC, Laura Byrnes, APR, and Allison Campbell, APR. If you ever have questions about the state association’s purpose or responsibility, please ask one of us!
Finally, I am very excited to gather with all of you at the Courtyard on Broadway next week, December 10th at 5:30 p.m. for our chapter Christmas social. Don’t forget your $10 (or less) item for the gift exchange game. Also, please join us at the “Bring the Harvest Home” Holiday Food Drive. See the details in the flier.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
On fire for FPRA,
Ocala Chapter President
Leave a Reply