This is our most recent newsletter available. If you missed one or would like to see older issues please refer to the archive below.
PRestige March 2018
Our Member Directory Needs You
I’m honored to be leading our chapter and working alongside some of the finest PR professionals in our community. I hope you are planning to take advantage of some of the many programs and services they are bringing to you.
Personally, I’m working on my Image Award entry. I’ve been thinking about who I can nominate for Communicator of the Year. I’m inviting local communications professionals to our membership mixers and Toolkit for Success seminar. I’m reaching out to new members and holding one-on-one meetings so I can get to know them. I’m taking advantage of all this association offers its members – networking, professional and leadership development.
Speaking of leadership development, I strongly encourage each of you to consider how you can contribute to the success of our chapter. We need you to help on committees like membership, Image Awards and Toolkit for Success. In fact, we have an urgent need for a newsletter editor. Please let me know what your interests are and I would love to get you plugged in.
As always, I’m astounded at how our past presidents answer the call to help our chapter. Toni James, APR, CPRC has helped secure sponsors for Toolkit for Success. Ginger Broslat, APR, CPRC, is publishing our monthly newsletter and chairing Toolkit for Success. Allison Campbell, APR, CPRC is chairing Image Awards and Communicator of the Year. Kevin Christian, APR, CPRC, is serving as Accreditation Chair for the chapter. If asked, I’m sure each of these individuals would tell you they continue to serve because FPRA has given them far more than they dreamed in terms of personal and professional growth.
Don’t miss the opportunity to get the most out of FPRA. Call me and let’s get you plugged in for BOLD PR through chapter leadership!
Lisa E. Varner, APR, CPRC
Kickstart Your Career in 2018
It’s not too late to jump on the APR bandwagon and solidify your commitment to the PR profession. Study sessions are underway, and Ocala chapter members can attend free of charge! Here’s a look at our upcoming sessions starting at 5:30PM each time:
- March 5, Monday (RPIE: Research, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, Part 2)
- March 19, Monday (RPIE: Research, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, Part 3; Leading the Public Relations Function)
- March 26, Monday (Managing Relationships; Applying Ethics and Law)
- April 2, Monday (Managing Issues and Crisis Communications)
- April 9, Monday (Understanding Communication Theories, Models and History of the Profession & Review)
- April 16, Monday (Case Study Discussions, Review & Wrap Up)
Each informal session is 75-90 minutes and can be attended in person or via conference call. Sessions take place at the district office of Marion County Public Schools, 512 SE 3rd Street, Ocala, 34471.
Remember, APR is a four-step process:
- Review and complete the Examination for Accreditation in Public Relations Application
- Prepare and sit for a Readiness Review/Panel Presentation
- Study, complete and pass the Computer-Based Examination (CBE), and
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning through maintaining your APR.
Meantime, here’s some resources you might check out:
If you have any questions, just reach out to Kevin Christian, APR, CPRC.
Get a Media Directory
March Professional Development Luncheon
Don't Forget–Nominations are Due March 31!
Morning Mixer, Learning about Leading Over Lattes!
Save the Date
Thanks to Our Chapter Presenting Sponsor
- Saturday, March 3 - PRestige March 2018
- Friday, February 2 - PRestige February 2018
- Thursday, January 4 - PRestige January 2018
- Friday, December 1 - PRestige December 2017
- Tuesday, November 7 - PRestige November 2017
- Friday, October 6 - PRestige October 2017
- Wednesday, August 30 - PRestige September 2017
- Thursday, August 10 - PRestige August 2017
- Wednesday, July 5 - PRestige July 2017
- Friday, May 26 - PRestige June 2017
- Tuesday, May 2 - PRestige May 2017
- Monday, April 3 - PRestige April 2017
- Wednesday, March 1 - PRestige March 2017
- Wednesday, February 1 - PRestige February 2017
- Wednesday, January 4 - PRestige January 2017
- Tuesday, November 29 - PRestige December 2016
- Wednesday, November 2 - PRestige November 2016
- Tuesday, October 4 - PRestige October 2016
- Wednesday, August 31 - PRestige September 2016
- Wednesday, August 3 - PRestige August 2016
- Wednesday, July 6 - Prestige July 2016
- Monday, June 6 - PRestige June 2016
- Wednesday, May 4 - Prestige May 2016
- Monday, April 4 - PRestige April 2016
- Tuesday, March 1 - PRestige March 2016
- Wednesday, February 3 - PRestige February 2016
- Thursday, December 31 - Prestige January 2016
- Wednesday, December 2 - Prestige December 2015
- Friday, November 6 - PRestige November 2015
- Thursday, October 1 - Prestige October 2015
- Tuesday, September 1 - PRestige September 2015
- Tuesday, August 4 - Prestige August 2015
- Tuesday, June 30 - Prestige July 2015
- Monday, June 1 - Prestige June 2015
- Friday, May 8 - PRestige May 2015
- Friday, March 27 - PRestige April 2015
- Wednesday, March 4 - PRestige March 2015
- Friday, January 30 - February PRestige 2015
- Monday, January 5 - PRestige January 2015
- Tuesday, November 25 - PRestige December 2014
- Saturday, November 1 - PRestige November 2014
- Friday, September 26 - PRestige October 2014
- Thursday, September 4 - PRestige September 2014
- Friday, August 8 - PRestige August 2014
- Thursday, July 17 - PRestige July 2014
- Thursday, June 12 - Prestige June 2014
- Saturday, May 10 - PRestige May 2014
- Thursday, April 10 - PRestige April 2014
- Monday, March 10 - PRestige March 2014
- Monday, February 10 - PRestige February 2014
- Friday, January 10 - PRestige January 2014
- Tuesday, December 31 - 2013 Archived FPRA Ocala Newsletters
- Monday, December 31 - 2012 Archived FPRA Ocala Newsletters
- Saturday, December 31 - 2011 Archived FPRA Ocala Newsletters
- Friday, December 31 - 2010 Archived FPRA Ocala Newsletters