The Ocala Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) recognized local accomplishments in the fields of publicrelations and communication the evening of April 24. You can see the full recap with photos on the Awards page.
The FPRA Ocala Chapter would like to sincerely thank our exceptional sponsors for their contributions including:
- College of Central Florida’s Appleton Museum of Art
- Cox Communication
- Stella’s Modern Pantry
- First Impressions Printing
- Demilio Photography
The following awards were presented at the “Art of Public Relations 2015 Mid-Florida Local Image and Communicator of the Year Awards Gala” held at the College of Central Florida’s Appleton Museum of Art:
- Three Image Awards were presented to Transitions Life Center (TLC), Ginger Broslat Communications and JJ Fields Design for the campaign materials and special events created for TLC.
- TLC, Ginger Broslat Communications and Water Light Multimedia’s Brenden Martin were presented another Image Award for a video created for the organization.
- Judi Zanetti and Lauren DeIorio received an Image Award for their “Engage in Education Public Service Announcement,” created for the Marion County Public Education Foundation.
- Barbra Hernandez, APR, received a Judges’ Award for the “Supporting Marion’s Patriots: A Community Rally” special event created for the Marion County Veterans Services in partnership with the Marion County Board of County Commissioners.
- Elaine DeIorio McClain received a Judges’ Award for the “Marion County Animal Services Microchip Success” news release created for Marion County Animal Services.
- Barbra Hernandez, APR and Elaine DeIorio McClain received an Award of Distinction for the special event “Welcoming new customers: Marion County Utilities community meeting.”
- CareerSource Citrus Levy Marion received an Award of Distinction for the agency’s rebranding initiative.
- Judi Zanetti and Lauren DeIorio also received and Award of Distinction for the “Planning for the Future” brochure they created for Marion County Public Education Foundation.
Transitions Life Center (TLC) received the honor in the institution category. The Individual award recognizes a person who uses his/her position to enhance Marion County’s community causes, advance the field of public relations and uphold the ethical standards representing the Ocala Chapter. The Institutional recognition is presented to a business or media outlet that has gone above and beyond to provide timely, accurate and critical information to the community, and has demonstrated mastery of communications skills and strategies.