Chapter Management Report 2016-2017
As the mother of a teen competitive sailor, I’ve learned a few things about leadership from observing my son, the captain on the cover.
- Sailing is a lot of fun, but it’s a lot of work.
- Sailing alone is possible, but easier with a crew.
- The wind can be your enemy, or friend… it all depends on how you trim the sail.
- Storms are not easy, but they build a tighter crew.
- Maintaining your boat is a requirement, not an option.
- Minimum effort yields minimum results.
- Regattas are where you win or lose, but always where you learn.
These lessons resonate so well with my time at the helm of the FPRA Ocala vessel. No matter how stormy the seas have been at times, a crew of experienced sailors has been quick to help us trim the sail, right the ship and continue on course. With camaraderie and gratitude, the FPRA Ocala Chapter is at Full Sail heading into a dynamic conference and charting it’s course for 2017-18!
Lauren DeIorio FPRA Ocala Chapter President