The Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) is a statewide organization of public relations professionals dedicated to:
- Enhancing the professional development of its members.
- Providing a forum for personal growth through interaction and resource exchange.
- Serving as the “united voice” of the public relations profession in Florida.
- Fostering the highest professional standards and ethics of its members, and
- Gaining understanding and support for the performance of its members and the profession as a whole on behalf of all practitioners within the state of Florida.
FPRA is the oldest public relations organization in the United States. Members represent a variety of different organizations, including: private and public corporations, government entities, nonprofits, counseling firms and independent practitioners. As a statewide Association, FPRA boasts nearly 1,500 professional and student members, all which make up the 15 professional and 11 student chapters. A sound professional investment, FPRA provides a variety of services, benefits and opportunities dedicated to the success of its public relations professionals from continuing education, professional accreditation, monthly professional development programs, professional recognition and annual conference.
To learn more about our organization, view the video below spotlighting 75 years of FPRA history. The exhibit was unveiled at the 2013 FPRA Annual Conference.