During April’s presentation, Justin Brennan, former director of impact partnerships at Participant Media and president of Purpose & Vision Consulting, provided insight on how public relations practitioners and marketers can strengthen and redefine partnerships and content strategies to be more inclusive, effective and stabilizing.
Here are 5 takeaways from his presentation “How to market to a multicultural society.”
- There’s never going to be one message that works for everyone. We’re supposed to make mistakes, and trial and error is OK.
- Switch from marketing “to” to marketing “with” to achieve inclusivity.
- Representation matters; make sure your target audience is involved in the creative process.
- To effectively address your publics’ concerns, your team should reflect your community.
- The new advertising world is not one-size-fits-all. We need separate campaigns and multiple messages to reach diverse audiences.